DeVry CIS 273 iLab Assignment 10 Technical Project Business Website
This assignment consists of three (3) sections: a narrative, a storyboard, and a business Website. You must submit all three (3) sections for the completion of this assignment.
The assignment is to be submitted in a single compressed folder (zip file) to the online course shell. Section 3 must contain all .htm files, along with any other files that may be necessary for your project to run (ex: text files, images, etc.). When saving the compressed folder (zip file), it should be saved as Techincal Project_Last name_First initial.zip. For example, if your name is Mary Smith, the file for submission should be saved as Techincal Project_Smith_M.htm
Select a business that you are interested in. (e.g., pet store, travel site, fishing gear, appliances, automobiles, housewares, furniture, etc.).
Imagine that you have just been hired to create a four (4) page hierarchical Website for the business you selected.
Section 1: Narrative
Write a half (1/2) page paper in which you:
Create a narrative that describes the site to your prospective client.
Section 2: Storyboard
Imagine that your narrative has been approved. Use Word, Visio, or Dia to:
Section 3: Business Website
In order to receive full credit for this section, you will need to submit:
- One (1) screenshot of your emailed data from the guestbook.
- One (1) CSS style sheet.
- Four (4) Web pages.
Create your Website based on the following requirements:
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
1) Create a Cascading Style Sheet (.css) for all pages, which:
Applies a background color.
Applies style to the font.
Changes the ordered list markers to anything other than the default.
Changes the unordered list markers to anything other than the default.
Applies style to a copyright footer.
A graphic or logo on the home page.
A navigation bar with links to every other page on the home page.
A guestbook registry on the home page using the mail to: tag with an entry field for:
A person’s name.
An email address.
3) Create a submit button for the guestbook registry that will email the information to your email address. Note: Test the function and take a screenshot of the emailed information you receive. You must submit the screenshot in your zipped file of deliverables as proof.
4) Create three (3) subpages that include:
The same graphic / logo.
A navigation bar with links to every other page.
An ordered list of at least two (2) items, and then at least two (2) unordered list entries under each ordered list item where one (1) of the items must be a hyperlinked to a Website (the hyperlink should not show the address printed on the page).
Note: Each of the three pages should have unique lists.
- Dry food
- Wet food
- Canned food
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the structure of the World Wide Web as interconnected hypertext documents.
- Create and validate HTML documents.
- Create presentations using Cascading Style Sheets and DHTML.
- Write clearly and concisely about Web design and development using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.