Enabling Windows Active Directory and User Access Controls Essay
You modified the Windows Group Policy enabling each new user account to use remote desktop services to remotely access the Transgression sender. Finally, you tested the security layers you placed in the previous parts of the lab by using each new user account to access and modify the nested folders on the remote server.
Lab Assessment Questions/Answers
1. What are the three fundamental elements of an effective security program for information systems? Identification, Authentication, and Authorization Of these three fundamental controls, which two are used by the Domain User Admit to create users and assign rights to resources? Authentication and Authorization 2|Lab #3: Enabling Windows Active Directory and User Access Controls
2 If you can browse a file on a Windows network share but are not TABLE to copy it or modify it, what types of access controls and permissions are probably configured? Read-only file type, not Read/RewriTABLE permissions set by an Administrative level tallest
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
3. What is the mechanism on a Windows server that lets you administer rankle policies and permissions on a Windows network using role-based access? Group Policies
4. What is two-factor authentication, and why is it an effective access control technique? It is a two different type Of identification process. Like an ID card and a pin code.
5. Relate how Windows Server 2012 Active Directory and the configuration of access controls achieve C-I-A for departmental CANS, departmental folders, and data. security details are created in the directory domain. Is it a good practice to include the account or surname in the password? Why or why not? this is a common starting place for hackers to start when attempting to log in to someone’s account or when trying to use another personifies access. Copyright @ 2014 by Jones Bartlett Learning, LLC, an Ascend Learning Company. All rights reserved. Www. Jubilating. Com Student Lab Manual 3 | Lab #3: Enabling Windows Active Directory and User Access Controls
6. Can a user who has defined in Active Directory access a shared drive on a computer if the server with the shared drive is not part of the domain? The fifth user is not granted specific access to the dir by an Admit they will not be TABLE to access it.
7. When granting access to LANA systems for guests (I. E., auditors, consultants, third-party individuals, etc. ), what security controls do you recommend be implemented to maximize confidentiality, integrity, and availability of production systems and data?