ENGL 147N Week 2 Assignment: Pro-Position Paper (Summer 2020)
- Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 3; pp. 100-107
- Week 1 Assignment
Link (Word doc): Pro-Paper TemplatePreview the document Minimum of 3 academic articles (from the Week 1 Assignment) Apply the following writing resources to your posts:
- Link (multimedia presentation): APA Basics (Links to an external site.) (Review this tutorial for formatting an APA paper and title page.)
- Link (multimedia presentation): Citing References in Text (Links to an external site.) Link (website): APA Citation and Writing (Links to an external site.)
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Review the Toulmin-model outline (Week 2 Lesson) and your completed Week 1 Assignment (Pro-Position Proposal). Assess any feedback provided by the professor and/or your peers.
- Compose a position paper representing the pro side of your topic. (See the Pro-Paper Template).
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
The paper should include approximately 6 developed paragraphs:
- Introduction (with thesis statement) Context paragraph
- 3 body paragraphs (focusing on 3 pros) Conclusion
- Apply a formal tone appropriate for academic audiences, maintaining an objective 3rd person point of view – no 1st person (I, me, my, we, our, us, mine) or 2nd person (you, your). Avoid contractions, clichés, and slang t
- Use the provided template to assist in formatting the title page and headers.
- Incorporate at least 3 scholarly sources into the paper. Cite all sources in APA format, both parenthetically and on a reference page.
- Before submission, proofread and edit carefully for spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Not every error will be flagged automatically in word-processing programs, and some that are flagged as errors are actually correct.