ENGL 147N Week 5 Discussion 1: Annotations (Summer 2020)
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: pp. 281-284, 338-356 Lesson
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (apply a new source for your Week 7 Pro-Con Position Paper) Apply the following writing resources to your posts:
- Link (multimedia presentation): Citing References in Text (Links to an external site.) Link (website): APA Citation and Writing (Links to an external site.)
Initial Post Instructions
This week’s lesson presented a model of an annotated bibliography. Review the model, focusing on the components of the entry:
- Reference citation Summary Credibility Assessment
- Research a new source for your Pro-Con Position Paper (ideally, seek one that is in opposition to your stance/side). Then, draft 1 reference entry and 2 paragraphs for this new source.
- Make sure to cite your source in APA format. Follow-Up Post Instructions.
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. For peer feedback this week, please review the Guidelines for Evaluating Sources in our textbook (Seyler & Brizee, 2018, pp. 281-282). Consider the following prompts as you provide feedback to your peers:
- What is the purpose of the text?
- Can you locate the author’s credentials? Estimate the credibility of the text.
- Is this source an appropriate level for this degree of academic writing? Is the source up-to-date?
- Do you agree with how your peer intends to apply the source? Can you think of any other applications?
- Do you notice any inaccuracies in the APA formatting?
Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878