ENGL 147N Week 8 Discussion: Reflection (Summer 2020)
- Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Minimum of 2 scholarly sources – the following articles:
Link (library article): Are We Teaching Composition All Wrong? (Links to an external site.)
Link (library article): No, We’re Not Teaching Composition ‘All Wrong’ (Links to an external site.)
Apply the following writing resources to your posts:
- Link (multimedia presentation):
- Citing References in Text (Links to an external site.) Link (website):
- APA Citation and Writing (Links to an external site.)
Part 1: Research & Review
Review the two short articles on the pros and cons of revision and peer review listed in Required Resources. As you read, think about your own experience writing and revising essays in this course (and other courses)..
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
Part 2: Application
For the initial post, address the following:
- How did you go about selecting topics for the position papers?
- Reflect upon the research skills you have developed throughout this class. What key takeaways have you learned regarding research strategies?
Compare your experiences with revision and feedback to those detailed in the Stewart (2016) and Teller (2016) articles. Which stance do you lean towards and why? Did you incorporate changes into your final essay based on your peers’ feedback? If so, please describe the types of changes you made and why you made them. If you did not incorporate changes, please explain why. Cite your sources in APA format.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Do you agree or disagree with your peer’s stance on feedback and revision? Was your experience different or similar? How so? What advice might you give your fellow peers to establish more meaningful feedback?