HIST 405N Week 8 Final Exam (Version 1)
- Question: (TCO 4) What were encomiendas?
- Question: (TCO 1) Maryland was the only southern colony
- Question: (TCO 4) Slave traders from the colonies
- Question: (TCO 4) What happened in the colonies as a result of the Glorious Revolution in England?
- Question: (TCO 2) To protest British taxes, colonists often organized boycotts to
- Question: (TCO 2) According to the Loyalists, legitimate authority over the colonists was held by the
- Question: (TCO 2) Which is an advantage the British had over the Patriots at the beginning of the war?
- Question: (TCO 1) Why was it difficult to make changes to the Articles of Confederation?
- Question: (TCO 1) The constitution divides government power
- Question: (TCO 3) The assertion that states the right to disobey federal law was called
- Question: (TCO 3) The Waltham System
- Question: (TCO3) The bloodiest slave uprising in U.S. History was
- Question: (TCO 3) Who led the Texans in drawing Santa Anna into a trap at the Battle of Jacinto?
- Question: (TCO 2) Congress tried to resolve the dispute between the North and the South about slavery in the territories by
- Question: (TCO 2) In 1856, Border Ruffians attacked
- Question: (TCO 8) Why did Lincoln announce, early in the Civil War, that he would not free enslaved people?
- Question: (TCO 8) Which Civil War battle decisively turned the tide of the war in favor of the Union?
- Question: (TCO 10) After the Civil War, a new immigrant was most likely to be from
- Question: (TCO 10) How did the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire affect industrial reforms?
- Question: (TCO 7) The invasion of Belgium turned American opinion against Germany because
- Question: (TCO 7) During World War I, which of these did the Germans use against British ships?
- Question: (TCO 11) The popularity of the automobile in the 1920s led to a(n)
- Question: (TCO 11) Which President was named Silent Cal?
- Question: (TCO 11) Stock speculation became common because
- Question: (TCO 7) What event marked the beginning of World War II?
- Question: (TCOs 1 and 2) Identify and analyze at least two major actions taken by the English Parliament during the 1760s that angered the colonists, and discuss specifically at least one act that dealt with what the colonists viewed as unfair taxation. Then discuss the significance to the colonists of the Tea Act and the Coercive Acts and why these particularly galled the colonists. Make sure you use enough details to support your answer.
- Question: (TCO 2) Identify and analyze the main provisions of the Compromise of 1850. Be sure to analyze the problem of California and how this led to the Compromise. Then analyze how the Compromise set off a storm of political controversy between 1849 and 1850. Identify the key players and how they viewed the Compromise. What was the role of President Zachary Taylor in these discussions? Be sure to use enough details to support your answer.
- Question: (TCOs 6 and 7) Identify and explain at least two causes of World War I. Then analyze the events that drew the United States into World War I. Evaluate America’s contribution to the war effort and to what extent America’s entry contributed to the end of the war. Make sure you use enough details to support your answer.
- Question: (TCOs 7 and 9) Identify and analyze the main events of the Vietnam War. Then assess how these events affected the relationship between the United States and the Soviet Union. Make sure you use enough details to support your answer.
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878