HIST 410N Final Exam Version 3 (Questions with Answers)
- (TCO 6) The Versailles Treaty officially ended World War I. What did it do specifically?
- (TCO 6) In 1917, as World War I raged through Europe, Russia
- (TCO 5) In 1922, Joseph Stalin was made
- (TCO 5) What event marked the beginning of World War II?
- (TCO 9) What city was divided during the Cold War and became a hotspot for espionage and intrigue?
- (TCO 9) China’s communists finally won the long civil war under the leadership of
- (TCO 8) What was the intention of the Marshall Plan?
- (TCO 6) Why did India become two countries after independence in 1947?
- (TCO 2) Gamal Nasser was
- (TCO 2) Following the Arab-Israeli 1967 war,
- (TCO 4) The weakness of communist satellite governments in the Cold War was most apparent in
- (TCO 4) The only Eastern European country that had widespread bloodshed in 1989 was
- (TCO 7) One reason that the United States invaded Iraq in 2003 was
- (TCO 10) Match the terms in Column I with the descriptions in Column II…… Fidel Castro
- (TCO 3) Match the terms in Column I with the descriptions in Column II……. Globalization
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
- (TCO 1, 2) Identify and analyze two causes of World War I. Use historical examples to support your answer.
Question. (TCO 5, 11) Analyze how the stipulations of the Treaty of Versailles that ended World War I, along with the Great Depression of the 1930s, contributed to the outbreak of World War II.
Then analyze significant ways in which World War II changed the world. Make sure you use enough historical details to support your answer.
- (TCOs 9, 10) Identify and analyze the main events of the Korean War and Cuban Missile Crisis. Then assess how these events affected the relationship between the United States and the Soviet Union. Make sure you use enough details to support your answer.
- (TCOs 4, 8) Analyze how the Solidarity (Solidarnosc) movement in Poland led to the collapse of communism in Poland. Point out what events led to the growth of the Solidarity movement, and then identify and analyze the events that followed Gorbachev’s policy of political pluralism in Poland. Use specific details to support your answer. Then evaluate the relative success of democracy and capitalism in Poland, after the end of the Cold War.