HSM 544 Week 8 Final Exam 2
- Question: Briefly describe cost-benefikt analysis. Demonstrate understanding by applying the concept to an assessment of an immunization program.
- Question: Describe a national model of universal healthcare coverage. Compare the model’s methods of funding for healthcare in the United States. Indentify which one you think is best by discussing access and quality detail.
- Question: Federal policy created Medicare and Medicaid. Neither of these policies would be a reality if not for which of the following?
- Question: You are asked to speak at a conference on population health (as a national system). Most have not heard of the concept. Provide the key points that will be in your presentations; begin with defining the output, various key inputs, and the economics and policy considerations relevant to achieving (production) a population health system.
- Question: Identify the three primary methods of funding (direct pay and reimbursement) healthcare in the United States. Describe (in detail) the projected impact a government-operated and-funded insurance option would have on the identified methods of payment. Discuss the likely impact (defend ypur views) this change will have on the existing payment methods. Include the following: the imapact this change will have on the overall cost of healthcare (and why), the impact the change will likely have on taxpayers, the likely impact the change will have on those who presently do not have insurance coverage, and the impact the change will have on those who have insurance coverage.
- Question: You have been asked to lecturer health management students on the role and value of government regulations in healthcare. You have been … to focus on the objectives of regulation by discussing the adverse impact monopolies have in healthcare. Key points for the lecturer are the problems with conventional supply and demand laws and the role of regulatory policy.
- Question: Explain why the three task of economics are … to the concept of production. Next, describe how this understanding applies to healthcare; provide one example to demonstrate your points.
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878