HSM 544 Week 8 Final Exam (Collection)
HSM 544 Week 8 Final Exam (Version 1)
- Question: Identify the major tasks of economics and discuss why they are important. What are their roles in organization management?
- Question: Identify and discuss the factors that influence the demand, in turn healthcare economics. What factor do you believe has the greatest impact on healthcare economics and why?
- Question: Discuss the role of all parties (patient, providers, and payers) to contain costs. Analyse the impact of cost-containment efforts on the rising cost of healthcare.
- Question: What are the primary steps in a production function analysis? How would you apply these steps in a healthcare organization?
- Question: Discuss the connection between redistribution and social insurance.
- Question: … role of non-profit healthcare organizations differ from profit healthcare organizations?
- Question: … Why was it … ? What were its goals? Have these goals changed? Has it worked? How it can … improved? Pick one of the previous questions for your initial post; all of them will … discussed throughout the week.
HSM-544 Week 8 Final Exam (Version 2)
- Question: Briefly describe cost-benefit analysis. Demonstrate understanding by applying the concept to an assessment of an immunization program.
- Question: Describe a national model of universal healthcare coverage. Compare the model’s methods of funding for healthcare in the United States. Identify which one you think is best by discussing access and quality detail.
- Question: Federal policy created Medicare and Medicaid. Neither of these policies would … a reality if not for which of the following?
- Question: You are asked to speak at a conference on population health (as a national system). Most have not heard of the concept. Provide the key points that will … in your presentations; begin with defining the output, various key inputs, and the economics and policy considerations relevant to achieving (production) a population health system.
- Question: Identify the three primary methods of funding (direct pay and reimbursement) healthcare in the United States. Describe (in detail) the projected impact a government-operated and-funded insurance option would have on the identified methods of payment. Discuss the likely impact (defend your views) this change will have on the existing payment methods. Include the following: the impact this change will have on the overall cost of healthcare (and why), the impact the change will likely have on taxpayers, the likely impact the change will have on those who presently do not have insurance coverage, and the impact the change will have on those who have insurance coverage.
- Question: You have been asked to lecturer health management students on the role and value of government regulations in healthcare. You have been asked to focus on the objectives of regulation by discussing the adverse impact monopolies have in healthcare. Key points for the lecturer are the problems with conventional supply and demand laws and the role of regulatory policy.
- Question: Explain why the three task of economics are connected to the concept of production. Next, describe how this understanding applies to healthcare; provide one example to demonstrate your points.
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
HSM 544 Week 8 Final Exam (Version 3)
- Question: (TCO H) Ethics is defined by Pozgar as “a branch of philosophy that deals with values relating to human contact with respect to the rightness and wrongness of actions and the goodness and badness of motives and ends.” Describe two ethical dilemmas you may encounter in a healthcare setting related to patient care. In the description, define at least one law or regulation that may apply to each ethical dilemma.
- Question: (TCO D) A patient’s family may … actively involved in end-of-life decisions for patients who are incapacitated or incompetent. Compare and contrast two legal cases that address the rights of families in participating in end-of-life decisions. For each legal case, identify how the case either contributed or detracted from the rights of families.
- Question: (TCO G) Identify three medical liability classes and provide a specific example for each class. Explain how the individual or entity behaved or acted in a way that may result in legal action. (Points : 25)
- Question: (TCOs E and F) Compare and contrast two common models for managed care organizations. For each model, identify the inherent incentives that exist for the physicians who provide care to the patients within the model.
- Question: (TCO G) Discuss the differences between risk management and continuous quality improvement. How do the goals of each program differ? What are the similarities between the functions of each?
- Question: (TCOs A and B) What do you consider the most pressing ethical issues surrounding genetic testing? Provide at least two examples, and explain why you consider these most important.
- Question: (TCO C) Identify and discuss the four components of HIPAA. For each component, identify a violation that may occur in a healthcare setting that might lead to an investigation by the OIG.