HUMN 303N Week 5 Assignment: Art Creation – Music/Dance/Poetry (Summer 2020)
HUMN 303N Week 5 Assignment: Art Creation – Music/Dance/Poetry (Music Selected)
HUMN-303N Week 5 Assignment: Art Creation – Music/Dance/Poetry (Poetry Selected)
This week you will use your readings from the past week as a point of departure to create your own artistic production and a reflection paper.
Select a poem, musical piece, or dance piece to use as a point of inspiration. Create a work of poetry, lyrics, music, or dance, inspired by your selected art piece. Video or audio recordings should be no longer than 5 minutes and must be in MP4 format.
Note: If your art creation requires a separate file submission, please submit in the Art Creation Submission (Recordings) area following this assignment.
Part 2: Reflection
Write a reflection about the relationship between your art production and the inspiration piece. Include the following in the reflection paper:
- Introduction Inspiration Piece
- Include the inspiration poem, lyrics, or recording of musical or dance piece within the document. Use a link in the case of a recording.
- Record the title, artist/author/composer, year, and place of origin. Briefly explain the background of the inspiration piece.
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
Your Art Piece
Include your original poem or lyrics within the document. If you selected a musical or dance piece, submit as a separate file in the Art Creation Submission (Recordings) area following this assignment.
- Provide a title.
- Explain the background of your piece. Connection
- Explain the thematic connection between the two pieces. How are they similar and different?
- Are they the same medium? How does the medium impact what the viewer experiences? Original Artwork Requirements