Liberty BUSI 201 Assignment 2 Excel 2016 Challenge Yourself 1.3 Answers Complete Solution
Complete many different versions to get an A on your grade!
Download it for more and ace on your assignments!
Challenge Yourself 1.3
In this project, you will complete a timesheet for David Swinson, similar to the one you worked on in Skill Review 1.1. You will need to enter and format missing dates, correct a data entry mistake, apply number formatting, and enter formulas to calculate the total billable hours per day, the daily total for each day, and the bill total for the week.
Skills needed to complete this project:
• Navigating a Workbook
• Entering and Editing Text and Numbers in Cells
• Inserting Data Using AutoFill
• Entering Dates and Applying Date Formats
• Calculating Totals with the Quick Analysis Tool
• Applying Number Formats
• Understanding Absolute and Relative Reference
• Entering Simple Formulas
• Previewing and Printing a Worksheet
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
1. Open the start file EX2016-ChallengeYourself-1-3. The start file will be renamed automatically to include your name. Change the project file name if directed to do so by your instructor, and save it.
2. If the workbook opens in Protected View, enable editing so you can make changes to the workbook.
3. Verify that the Swinson Hours worksheet is active.
4. If necessary, scroll to the bottom of the worksheet so you can see the empty timesheet beginning on row 19.
5. The dates are missing from the timesheet. Enter the date 8/1/2016 in cell B20.
6. Use AutoFill to complete the dates in cells C20:H20.
7. Change the date format for B20:H20 to the Short Date format.
8. The hours reported for the Proctor client on Friday (cell F25) are incorrect. Change the number in cell F25 to: 4
9. Use the Quick Analysis tool to enter total hours for each day. Use the cell range B22:H25. The daily totals should be inserted into the range B26:H26.
10. Format the hours billed section (cells B22:H26) to use the Comma Style number format. Be sure to include the total row.
11. Enter a formula in cell B28 to calculate the daily bill for Monday, August 1. The formula should calculate the total billable hours for the day (cell B26) times the billable rate (B4). Be sure to use an absolute cell reference for the billable rate.
12. Use AutoFill to copy the formula to the remaining days in the timesheet (cells C28:H28).
13. Calculate the bill total for the week by summing the daily bill amounts. In cell B29, enter a formula using the SUM function. The function argument should be the range of cells representing the daily bill totals (B28:H28).
14. Apply the Currency number format to cells B28:H28 and cell B29.
15. Preview how the worksheet will look when printed.
16. Save and close the workbook.
17. Upload and save the project file.
18. Submit project for grading.