Liberty BUSI 201 Assignment 21 Access 2016 Challenge Yourself 2.3 Answers Solutions
Complete many different versions to get an A on your grade!
Download it for more and ace on your assignments!
Challenge Yourself 2.3
1. Open the start file AC2016-ChallengeYourself-2-3.
2. If necessary, enable active content by clicking the Enable Content button in the Message Bar.
3. The file will be renamed automatically to include your name. Change the project file name if directed to do so by your instructor.
4. Create a new table in Design view using the following data.
a. b. c. d. e. Set the FertID field as the primary key.
f. Save the table with the name the table: Fertilizers
g. Close the table.
5. Open the Plants table and make the following changes. You may work in Datasheet view or Design view as appropriate
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
a. Set the field size for the PlantID field to: 10
b. Rename the FlowerColor field to: PrimaryColor
c. Set the Default Value property for the PrimaryColor field to white.
d. Add a lookup field named PreferredFertilizer to the end of the Plants table to reference the FertilizerName field in the Fertilizers table. The lookup list should be sorted alphabetically by the FertilizerName data. The primary key field should be hidden. Enforce referential integrity.
g. Save and close the table.
e. Add an Attachment field after the PreferredFertilizer field. Add the image geranium.jpg to the record for the spotted geranium.
f. Delete the MaxHeightFeet field.
Download Resources 6. Open the Employees table and make the following changes. You may work in Datasheet view or Design view as appropriate.
a. Move the LastName field so it appears before the FirstName field. Hint: Make the change in Design view so the change is applied to the underlying structure of the table.
b. Add the Phone Quick Start fields between the FirstName and Position fields.
Modify the Position field to use a lookup list with the following values: Supervisor, Greenhouse Tech 1, and Greenhouse Tech 2. Hint: Use the Lookup Wizard to create the lookup list and enter the values yourself. Double-click the right border of the Col1 column in the wizard to AutoFit the column to the data.
d. Save and close the table.
7. Open the MaintenanceLog table and make the following changes:
a. Change the data type for the Watered field from Short Text to Yes/No.
b. Change the data type for the Inspected field from Short Text to Yes/No.
c. Change the data type for the Pruned field from Short Text to Yes/No.
d. Change the format for the MaintenanceDate field to Medium Date.
e. Save and close the table.
8. Review the table relationships and make the following changes.
a. Create a one-to-many relationship between the PlantID field in the Plants table and the PlantID field in the MaintenanceLog table. Enforce referential integrity.
b. Modify the relationship between the EmployeeID field in the Employees table and the EmployeeID field in the MaintenanceLog table so any deletions or changes to the EmployeeID in the Employees table will be carried through to the EmployeeID field in the MaintenanceLog table.
c. Close the Relationships window, saving the layout changes.
9. Close the database and exit Access.
10. Upload and save the project file.
11. Submit project for grading.