NR 500 Week 2 Assignment: Roles in Advanced Practice Nursing
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to explore the roles and competencies of the advanced practice nurse (APN). CO1-Examine roles and competencies of advanced practice nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care. (PO 5) Once you have submitted your second submission to the grade book dropbox, it will be considered final and subject for grading.
The Roles in Advanced Nursing Practice paper is worth 150 points and will … graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
Submit your manuscript as a Microsoft Word Document, which is the … format at Chamberlain University. You are encouraged to use APA Academic Writer and Grammarly when creating your assignment. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted under the Q & A Forum or emailed to your faculty.
The length of the paper is to be 3-6 pages, excluding title page and reference pages. Support ideas with a minimum of 2 scholarly resources. Scholarly resources do not include your textbook. You may need to use more than 2 scholarly resources to fully support your ideas. You may use first person voice when describing your rationale for choosing the CNP role and your plans for clinical practice.
APA (2010) format is … with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, bold, centered):
- Roles in Advanced Practice Nursing (introduction)
- Four APN Roles
- Rationale for Choosing CNP Role
- Plans for Clinical Practice
- Role Transition
Preparing the paper:
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
The following are best practices for preparing this paper:
- Review Chapter 1: Introduction to the Role of Advanced Practice Nursing in DeNisco and Barker (2015).
- Review DeNisco and Barker (2015) Chapter 30: Introduction, Transitioning Roles, and Strategies for a Successful Transition sections
- Introduce the topic of the paper. Describe what you will be covering.
- Explore the four APN roles (CNP, CNS, CRNA & CNM). Describe each role, educational preparation, and work environment. Provide support from at least one scholarly source.
- Describe your rationale for choosing the CNP advanced practice role versus one of the other roles.
- Discuss your plans for clinical practice after graduation. How has your idea of NP practice changed after researching these roles?
- Review DeNisco and Barker (2015) Chapter 30: Introduction, Transitioning Roles, and Strategies for a Successful Transition sections addressing the transition from the registered nurse (RN) to the nurse practitioner (NP) role, describe two factors that may impact your transition. Discuss two strategies you will use to support a successful transition from the RN to your NP role. Provide reference support from at least two scholarly sources. The textbook is not a scholarly source.
- Provide a conclusion, including a brief summary of what you discussed in the paper.