NR 500 Week 4 Assignment: APN Professional Development Plan Paper
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to explore the nurse practitioner (NP) practice requirements in his/her state of practice, NP competencies and leadership skills to develop a plan to support professional development.
Once you have submitted your second submission to the grade book dropbox, it will be considered final and subject for grading.
To complete this application, you will need to access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute. You may access these databases through the Chamberlain University Online Library.
TheAPN Professional Development Plan paper?is worth 200 points and will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the … components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
Submit your manuscript as a Microsoft Word Document, which is the required format at Chamberlain University. You are encouraged to use APA Academic Writer and Grammarly when creating your assignment.
Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted under the Q & A Forum or emailed to your faculty……………continue
APA (2010) format is … with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered, bold):
- APN Professional Development Plan (This is the introduction. In APA format, the heading of the intro section should be a repeat of the paper title.)
- APN Scope of Practice – This pertains to NP practice in your state.
- Nurse Practitioner (NONPF) Core Competencies
- Leadership Skills
Preparing the paper
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
The following are best practices for preparing this paper:
- Provide an introduction that generally addresses scope of practice, competencies, and leadership. The introduction should identify the sections of the paper.
- NPs need to take into account rules and regulations that guide advanced practice in the states in which they practice. Research and review the Nurse Practice Act and APN scope of practice guidelines in your particular state. Describe educational requirements, licensure and regulatory requirements, as well as practice environment details for the state in which you plan to practice. Discuss information regarding full, limited, or restricted practice limitations as well as prescriptive authority. Provide reference support from at least one scholarly source. For this section, the source can be your state board of nursing or whatever regulatory/legislative body handles nursing licensure in your state.
- Review the Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies (NONPF Competencies) contained in the lesson. A link to the competencies can … found in the week 2 readings. Complete a comprehensive, honest, personal assessment to identify your strengths and opportunities for growth. Describe two competency areas in … identified as strengths and two competency areas in which there are opportunities for growth.
- Discuss two ways in which you will engage with scholarship as you go through the … program to help you achieve these competencies. Provide reference support from at least one scholarly source in addition to the NONPF Competency link and lesson about the competencies you selected to work on.
- Analyze three leadership skills required to lead as an NP within complex systems. Describe two strategies you could use to help you develop those skills. Provide reference support from at least one scholarly source to support the leadership skills you selected and/or the strategies you will use to develop the skills.
- Provide a conclusion that summarizes the important aspects of the APN Professional Development Plan.