NR 500 Week 6 Assignment: Area of Interest – Breast Cancer Education Among Ethnicities
The process for affecting positive change to improve practice outcomes can start with either the identification of an area of interest or the identification of a potential or existing practice problem. Selecting an area of interest helps to define a direction for further inquiry. The purpose of this assessment is for students to identify and discuss an area of interest specific to their selected specialty track. Students will identify a common practice problem related to the selected area of interest and provide a recommendation to affect positive change. Students will build on this project in later courses.
Note: The purpose of the MSN project is to translate evidence currently found in the literature into practice within the chosen specialty track. Due to the research complexity, time involvement, and implications regarding human subjects, drug studies are not acceptable areas of interest for an MSN project.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- CO1-Examine roles and competencies of advanced practice nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care. (PO5)
- CO3-Analyze essential skills needed to lead within the context of complex systems. (PO2, PO3)
- CO4-Explore the process of scholarship engagement to improve health and healthcare outcomes in various settings. (PO3, PO4)
Assignment Requirements – Criteria for Content
Review literature or reflect on an experience that is related to common concepts and topics specific to the nurse practitioner track. Reflect on an area of passion that facilitated your track selection. Identify a common practice issue/concern related to nurse practitioner practice. ?Be sure to provide speaker’s notes for all slides except the title and reference slides.
List of Possible Topics (Links to an external site.) Creating a Professional Presentation (Links to an external site.) In a PowerPoint Presentation, address the following:
- Introduction to presentation
- Explain the importance of master’s-prepared nurses engaging in scholarship related to nursing practice and profession.
- Discuss a model for developing an evidence-based project (The John’s Hopkins or Advancing Research and Clinical Practice through Close Collaboration (ARCC) Models are possible options or you may select another model you find in the literature).
- Introduction to presentation
- Include illustration (diagram) of model Introduce general area of interest related to nurse practitioner practice
- Provide common themes, ideas, or facts found in literature Identify a specific common issue/concern related to your general area of interest. Provide a recommendation for positive change related to the identified issue/concern. Consider factors that might influence the recommended change.
- Identify at least?two (2)?internal factors that have the potential to influence the change.
- Identify at least?two (2)?external factors that have the potential to influence the change.
- Identify?two (2)?NONPF Competencies that address or support an evidence-based project related to your area of interest.
- Conclusion to presentation
- Provide references
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
Preparing the paper – Submission Requirements
- Application: Use Microsoft Power Pointâ„¢ to create the PowerPoint presentation.?
- Length: The PowerPoint presentation must be?12 total slides?(excluding title and reference slides). ?
- Speaker notes are used and include in-text citations when applicable.
- A minimum of?four (4)?scholarly literature references must be used.
- Submission: Submit your file: Last name_First initial_Wk5Assessment_Area of Interest.
Best Practices in Preparing the Project
The following are best practices in preparing this project:
- Review directions thoroughly.
- Follow submission requirements.
- Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
- Review the Creating a Professional Presentation located in Program Resources.
- Ideas and information that come from scholarly literature must … and referenced correctly.
A minimum of?four (4)?scholarly literature references must … used.