NR 503 Week 1 Discussion: Exercise and Discussion Questions from Curley Text Book
Go to the end of Chapter 2: Identifying Outcomes, in your Curley course text. Under “Exercises and Discussion Questions” select Exercise 2.5 OR 2.6 and respond in a minimum of two (2) paragraphs of 4-5 sentences each. You should address each bullet point in the exercise you select. Your work should have in-text citations integrating at a minimum one scholarly article from this week’s readings and course textbook. APA format should … utilized to include a reference list. Correct grammar, spelling, and APA should … adhered to when writing, work should be scholarly without personalization or first person use.
Exercise 2.5 Diabetes affects a growing number of Americans. You have been invited to join a collaborative of community agencies … in tackling diabetes from a community perspective.
- What resources will you use to identify different outcomes related to diabetes?
- What outcomes related to diabetes are of most interest to community members?
- How will you compare the outcomes you select to monitor at the local level with state and national outcomes?
Exercise 2.6 APRNs should not only recognize but also make it part of their practice to develop strategies to reduce or eliminate health disparities. Review information from Healthy People 2020 and the CDC Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities websites.
- What health disparities can you find that are relevant to your community?
- How can you better advocate for minority groups who have poorer health outcomes?
- What specific objectives in Healthy People 2020 can help this effort?
- Respond to exercise post of two peers. Faculty posts are in addition to the two peer posts.
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878