NR 504 Week 4 Discussion: Leading Others: Implications of Personal Leadership Style (Summer 2020)
Emotionally incompetent behaviors can destroy a team’s ability to achieve a speciﬁc goal. Consider the following list of emotionally incompetent behaviors (Porter-O’Grady & Malloch, 2018).
- Acting as a devil’s advocate
- Displaying a bad attitude
- Displaying a superior attitude
- Tolerating errors
- Failing to balance work and relaxation
Select one behavior from the list above, and complete the following.
- State the selected behavior.
- Develop a ﬁctitious example that demonstrates the selected behavior.
- Considering your selected leadership style that was … in Week 1, describe two techniques that a leader could use to help develop the individual.
- Explain how the techniques are reﬂective of the leadership style you have identiﬁed.
- How will these techniques … in your future role as a MSN-prepared nurse leader?
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878