NR 507 Week 2 Assignment: Disease Process Presentation Part 1: Asthma Disease
The purpose of the Week 2 Disease Process Assignment Part 1 is for learners to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the risk factors for disease development.
- Demonstrate understanding of the progression of a disease from the initial injury to the defect in the tissue, organ and system functioning.
- Describe the role of the health care provider in the prevention of the disease.
Description of the Assignment
In Week 7, students will present an audio/video PowerPoint presentation using the Disease Process Presentation Guidelines and Rubric located under Course Resources. To ensure timely development of the Week 7 assignment and an opportunity to receive feedback from the course faculty. After students have received faculty feedback on Parts 1 and 2, students will develop the final presentation that is audio and video recorded and uploaded to the Week 7 Discussion Board.
Criteria for Content
- Introduce the disease with a brief definition and description – Asthma
- Discuss the Risk Factors and the connection to the Etiology of the initial injury to the cell/tissue/organ.
- Show the progression from the initial injury to the defect in the tissue, organ and system functioning.
- Discuss health care provider implications for prevention of the disease.
- Provide a summary slide that highlights main points presented.
- Reference slide and in-text citations depict references correctly cited according to APA.
Preparing the Assignment
- The presentation should include a PowerPoint presentation that contains detailed speaker notes.
- … contain main heading slides that address the assignment criteria listed above.
- The presentation should contain appropriate evidence to support the information presented per APA format.
- Slides should … used as cues to topics and key concepts without lengthy sentences and paragraphs
- The presentation should contain a reference slide with all sources written in APA format.
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878