NR 507 Week 5 Study Guide (Fall 2019)
What controls the direct stimulation of the insulin-secreting cells?
2. Types of protein hormones
–Which of the following is an example of the protein hormone?
3. Assessing patients for elevated thyroxine production
–A patient who has elevated thyroxine production should … assessed for which accompanying condition?
4. Direct effect of insulin binding to receptors
–What type of effect occurs when insulin binds to its receptors on muscle cells, resulting in an increase in glucose uptake by those muscle cells?
5. Lipid-soluble hormone receptors crossing plasma membrane
–How do lipid-soluble hormone receptors cross the plasma membrane?
6. Effects of the removal of the posterior pituitary
–How do the releasing hormones that are made in the hypothalamus travel to the anterior pituitary?
–If a patient’s posterior pituitary is removed, which hormone would the nurse expect to decrease?
7. Insulin regulation
–Insulin is primarily regulated by
8. Hormone-secreting tumor of the pancreas—what would increase?
–A patient is … with a hormone-secreting tumor of the pancreas alpha cells. Which of the following would the nurse expect to … most likely increased in this patient?
9. The effect of insulin on electrolytes
–A nurse recalls insulin has an effect on which of the following groups of electrolytes?
10. Hormonal regulation involved in child birth and stopping uterine bleeding?
–A 39-year-old female is recovering from the birth of her third child. Which hormone would help prevent uterine bleeding?
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878