NR 508 Week 6 Grand Rounds Presentation and Quiz Study Guide
NR 508 Week 6 Grand Rounds Presentation Assignment
NR-508 Week 6 Quiz Study Guide
NR 508 Week 6 Quiz: Questions and Answers
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
- A pt who has osteoarthritis is … to have knee surgery. The pt takes asparin for MI prophylaxis and naproxen (Naprosyn) for pain and inflammation. Which statement by the pt to the primary care NP indicates a need for further teaching?
- A pt who is obese and has hypertension is taking a thiazide diuretic and develops gouty arthritis, which is treated with probenecid. At a follow-up visit, the pts serum uric acid level is 7mg/dl, and the pt denies any current symptoms. The primary care NP should discontinue the probenecid and :
- A pt who has HTN is taking a thiazide diuretic. The pt has a serum uric acid level of 8 mg/dl. The primary care NP caring for this pt should:
- A patient with a history of gouty arthritis comes to the clinic with acute pain and swelling of the great toe. The patient is not currently taking any medications. The primary care NP should prescribe:
- A patient having recurring migraine headaches and you plan to initiate prophylactic therapy. Which class of anti-hypertensive medications has … shown to have the greatest efficacy in preventing migraine headache?