NR 509 Week 7 Alternative Writing Assignment: Health History and Physical Examination Techniques
As a family nurse practitioner, you must possess excellent physical assessment skills. This alternative writing assignment mirrors the discussion content of the debriefing session and will allow the student to expand their knowledge of physical health assessment principles specific to the advanced practice role.
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
- This paper will … graded on the quality of the information, inclusion of evidence-based scholarly resources, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, and organization based on the required components (see the paper headings and content details below).
- Submit to the appropriate location in Canvas.
- The length of the paper is to be no less than 1,500 words, excluding title page and reference list.
- Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
- APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, explicitly for in-text citations and the reference list. Use 12-point Times New Roman font with 1 inch margins and double spacing. See the APA manual for details regarding proper citation. See resources under Course Resources, “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers” for further clarification.
- Organize the headings and content of your paper using the outline below:
- Discuss an overview of the objective data and expected normal physical examination findings for this body system
- … special physical assessment examination techniques or procedures specific to assessing this body system
- Discuss how you might adapt your physical assessment skills or techniques to accommodate each of the following specific populations:
- Identify one major disease or disease process that may significantly impact this body system
- Discuss the expected abnormal physical examination findings that may … with this disease or disease process
- Summarize the key points
Preparing the Paper:
- Select a focused body system from the weekly lesson which corresponds with the week of the written assignment.
- Carefully read and review the selected body system in your course textbooks.
- Incorporate at least one scholarly peer-reviewed journal article that relates to the body system. It may be useful to identify an article that relates to a disease that impacts the body system.
- The paper must clearly articulate the relevance of advanced physical assessment skills, techniques, application of advanced practice knowledge, and assessment modification (when necessary) to accommodate for specific patient populations.
- Provide concluding statements that should summarize key points of the overall assignment content.
- In-text citations and reference page(s) must … written using proper APA format (6th edition).