Ashford COM 325 Week 5 Final Paper
Focus of the Final Paper
This course focuses on identifying types of conflicts and resolving conflicts through effective communication techniques. Your inal Paper will be an eight-to ten-page paper (excluding the APA title and reference pages) that will showcase what you learned about conflict and conflict resolution.
Identify a recent interpersonal group or organizational conflict that you were involved in and was later resolved. Select five of the topics listed below and discuss how they apply to your chosen conflict. You must use a minimum of five resources to help support your discussion of these topics. Be sure to focus on communication techniques that were used during the conflict management process. Argue whether the resolution to this conflict was the best practice approach to resolving this conflict.
Your paper must include an introduction paragraph that provides a high-level overview of your paper. n addition your paper must include a strong conclusion paragraph that brings together the topics discussed. Remember not to introduce any new topics in your conclusion.
Conflict Topics for the Final Paper (select five)
- Why does conflict occur?
- Conflict management
- The positive and negative effects of conflict
- Role of personality types in conflict management
- Communication techniques
- Ethics and workplace conflicts
- The climate in a conflict situation
- Stress and anger
- meditation and arbitration
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
Witing The final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the APA checklist (http://writingcenter.ashford.edu/introductionapa) in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Common APA Citations (http://writingcenter.ashford.edu/format-your-reference-list) page in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Please note that if you are a Communications Studies major this assignment will be an element in your graduation portfolio. If you have not set up your portfolio yet you may do so by selecting Portfolium from the menu in your classroom on the left-hand side. f you have set up your portfolio you can access it the same way. You will be working with your portfolio extensively in the Communications capstone course C480. If you are a Communications Studies major please add this paper to your portfolio. Other students are not required to do this. View the Portfolio tutorial for guidance.
For your reference these are the elements that are required to be included in your portfolio:
- COM 101 Week 1 assignment Perspective on Communication and final Paper Personal Communication Skills Assessment
- COM 223 final Paper Persuasive Campaign for online Education
- COM 325 final Paper (This Paper)
- COM 345 final Project
- COM 355 Final Paper The future of Communication Technology
- COM 370 Week 1 assignment Personal Cultural Profile and final Project Oral History Interview
- COM 425 final Paper
- SPE 103 A speech of your choice from the class