Ashford GEN 499 Week 4 Assignment
Rough Draft Review of Process Evaluation[WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
The primary goal of this weekly assignment is to enable you to understand the revision process and revise your paper with the help of a writing specialist.
Step 1: Prepare a shortened version of your Final Paper (at least four pages) by including the following:
- Introduction paragraph and a thesis statement you developed for your Week 3 Assignment.
- Background information on the global societal issue you have chosen.
- A brief argument supporting at least two solutions to the global societal issue.
- Conclusion paragraph. Must document any information used from at least five scholarly sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (http://bpiwritingcenter.prod.acquia-sites.com/citing-within-your-paper) Note that you will need at least eight scholarly sources for your Final Paper in Week 5.
Step 2: After you have completed a rough draft of your paper, submit that draft to the Ashford Writing Center by using the instructions found in the Paper Review (http://writingcenter.ashford.edu/paper-review) page. Your paper will be returned within 24 hours, so give yourself enough time to complete and submit it prior to the due date.
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
Carefully review the revision letter and the margin comments that you see on your returned paper. Consider each of the suggestions provided to help you to revise your paper.
What You Need to Submit to Waypoint:
- Upload the PDF document that contains the feedback from the Writing Center specialist.
- Submit the journal assignment answering the following questions in at least 400 words:
- Identify the top three issues your writing specialist focused on in your rough draft (e.g., paragraph structure, proper use of quotations, thesis statement, etc.).
- In what ways were those issues surprising?
- Describe what you learned from some of the feedback your writing specialist provided as explanations.
- Was this feedback helpful?
- Evaluate the usefulness of the paper review tool. In what ways did this activity improve your academic writing skills?
- Will you use the Ashford Writing Center to review your work in the future? Why or why not?
- Identify Writing Center ideo Tutorials (https://writingcenter.ashford.edu/videotutorials) that you find most useful and explain why. Also, identify tutorial(s) you found least useful and explain why