DeVry BIS 245 Week 3 iLab
You have been asked to extend the database you developed in Lab 2 to also include customer data, to populate the tables in the database with sample data, and to create some queries using this data to illustrate how the database can supply information that is useful to management. The purpose of this lab is to provide experience with modifying a database, entering data into tables, and creating simple queries.
Using MS Visio, you will add a customers entity to the ERD you created in Lab 2. Based on the modified ERD, you will add the corresponding customer’s table to the MS Access database from Lab 2. You will then enter sample data into the tables in this database and create some basic queries to illustrate how data from the tables can be presented to satisfy managers’ information needs.
Wait.... Hire Me To Get 100% Original Help In . With No Upfront Fees. Watch The Video Below For More Information & How It Works!
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
Upon completing this lab, you will be able to
- modify an existing MS Visio ERD to include new entities and relationships;
- modify an existing MS Access database to include new entities and relationships;
- enter data into tables in a MS Access database using datasheet view; and
- create and run simple queries in MS Access.
Part A: YourNameLab3.vsdx (Visio diagram)
Part B: YourNameLab3.accdb (Access database)
Microsoft Office: Word 2016, Visio 2016, and Access 2016
Options for accessing the software:
- Use a personal copy on your PC. You have access to MS Visio 2016 and MS Access 2016 in the Citrix Lab environment at lab.devry.edu.
- If you are a MAC user, click to read the https://devryu.instructure.com/courses/899/pages/mac-support.
- Click DeVry virtual lab (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. environment to access all Microsoft Office software. For additional information about the virtual lab and how to save files, click the Lab icon on the Course Resources page.