Devry BUSN 420 Week 6 Quiz
1. (TCO 7) Ernie’s Good Eatin’ Cafe uses a distinctive decor, layout, menu, and style of service. This restaurant’s image and overall appearance is _____. (Points : 2)
- a certification mark
- a collective mark
- a service mark
- trade dress
Question 2.2. (TCO 7) Sights Unseen, Inc., (SUI) sells scopes with distinctively designed and made lenses and mirrors to scientists. Telescopes, Etc. corporation later begins to sell scopes with identical set-ups of lenses and mirrors, without SUI’s permission, to consumers. This is most likely (Points : 2)
- copyright infringement.
- patent infringement.
- trademark infringement.
- not infringement.
Question 3.3. (TCO 7) Joey reproduces Mina’s copyrighted work without paying royalties. Joey is most likely excepted from liability for copyright infringement under the “fair use” doctrine if _____. (Points : 2)
- Joey copies the entire work.
- Joey distributes the copies freely to the public.
- Joey’s use has no effect on the market for Mina’s work.
- Joey’s use is for a commercial purpose.
Question 4.4. (TCO 7) RiteMade Machinery, Inc., designs, makes, and sells a drill press. Steel Equipment Company copies the design without RiteMade’s permission. Steel’s conduct is actionable provided (Points : 2)
- consumers are confused.
- Steel’s conduct is intentional.
- Steel’s conduct reduces the value of RiteMade’s design.
- RiteMade’s design is patented.
Question 5.5. (TCO 8) Via the Internet, Rocky sabotages the computer system of QuikChik’n Company, a food manufacturer, with the purpose of altering the levels of ingredients of the company’s products so that consumers of the food become ill. Rocky is _____. (Points : 2)
- a cyberterrorist
- a botnet
- a virus
- a worm
Wait.... Hire Me To Get 100% Original Help In . With No Upfront Fees. Watch The Video Below For More Information & How It Works!
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
Question 6.6. (TCO 8) On behalf of Bay Oyster Company, Celia types her name at the bottom of an e-mail purchase order and submits the order to Deepwater Parts Company. Under the UETA, qualifying Celia’s name as her “signature” is _____. (Points : 2)
Question 7.7. (TCO 8) Michelle gives out a business card with an e-mail address on it. According to the comments that accompany the UETA, it may be reasonable to infer that Michelle has consented to (Points : 2)
- transact business electronically.
- submit to the jurisdiction of any selected forum.
- accept and respond to any correspondence sent to that address.
Question 8.8. (TCO 8) Via e-mail, Vern makes repeated credible threats to Ursula that put her in reasonable fear for her safety. This is _____. (Points : 2)
- cyber stalking
- employment fraud
Question 9.9. (TCO 8) Second Best Buy, Inc., is a retailer of small appliances. Second Best Buy gives Chase Financial Corporation a security interest in the inventory owned by Second Best Buy, Inc. Chase files a financing statement to perfect its interest.
Who has higher priority in the collateral than Chase? (Points : 2)
- The stockholders of Second Best Buy.
- A buyer in the ordinary course of Second Best Buy’s business.
- A subsequent lien creditor.
- A subsequent trustee in bankruptcy.
Question 10.10. (TCO 8) Drew bought a computer for personal use from Hale Corp. for $3,000. Drew paid $2,000 in cash and signed a security agreement for the balance. Hale properly filed the security agreement. Drew defaulted in paying the balance of the purchase price. Hale asked Drew to pay the balance. When Drew refused, Hale peacefully repossessed the computer.
Under the UCC Secured Transactions Article, which of the following remedies will Hale have? (Points : 2)
- Obtain a deficiency judgment against Drew for the amount owed.
- Sell the computer and retain any surplus over the amount owed.
- Retain the computer over Drew’s objection.
- Sell the computer without notifying Drew.