Devry HRM 593 Week 8 Course Project
Your professor should have formed you in teams of 3-4 students in week 1. This group assignment will consist of an APA format paper and a narrated PowerPoint.
Group Paper- Each student will choose three cases, each from a different chapter, from the readings in weeks 5, 6 and 7 (Chapters 13, 14, 15 and 16). No students on a team will choose the same cases and there should be no duplicate cases. Each student will write their own portion of the paper that includes 3 case analysis. The paper should be divided into sections where each student’s work is under a heading with their name on it and then subheadings for each of the 3 cases chosen by the student. A common Reference page will be used for all. (100 points)
• Your responses should be well-rounded and analytical, and should not just provide a conclusion or an opinion without explaining the reason for the choice. For full credit, you need to use the material from the week’s lectures, text and/or discussions when responding to the questions.
• Utilize the case format below:
• Read and understand the case. Show your Analysis and Reasoning and make it clear you understand the material. Be sure to incorporate the concepts of the chapter we are studying to show your reasoning. Dedicate at least one sub-heading to each following outline topic:
Wait.... Hire Me To Get 100% Original Help In . Watch The Video Below For More Information & How It Works!
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
Facts [Summarize only those facts critical to the outcome of the case]
Issue [Note the central question or questions on which the case turns]
Explain the applicable law(s). Use the textbook here. The law should come from the same chapter as the case. Be sure to use citations from the textbook including page numbers.
Holding [How did the court resolve the issue(s)? Who won?]
Reasoning [Explain the logic that supported the court’s decision]
10. Dedicate 1 sub-heading to each of the case questions immediately following the case. First, restate the question and then fully answer.
11. Wrap up with a Conclusion. This should summarize the key aspects of the decision and also your recommendations on the court’s ruling.
12. Include citations and a reference page with your sources. Use APA style citations and references.
The group will meet and create a team presentation using narrated PowerPoint (or live for onsite classes). This will be a summary in order to contrast and compare the various cases selected by all team members and the law applied. Each student should participate in about 5 minutes of the Narrated PowerPoint.
This portion should be between 2 and 4 minutes in length per student. This should cover all of the work in this course. Students must address specific cases or concepts with citations. This section should not be shallow but show some deep reflective thought to receive full credit. (80 points).