Devry MGMT 404 Week 7 Quiz
(TCO 4) An example of parametric estimating would be: (Points : 5)
- If it cost two dollars today to buy a server, then it will cost three dollars tomorrow to buy the same server.
- Senior management has said this project will cost $10,000.
- The consulting company doing the work estimates the work to cost $40,000.
- A 100-square foot building costs $1100; therefore, a 1000-square foot building should cost $11000.
Question 2.2. (TCO 6) You are the project manager of a major IT project in Italy. You review your earned value report and you see that your SPI is 1.18. What does this mean to you? (Points : 5)
- The project is doing fine. It should be completed 18 months ahead of schedule.
- The project is slightly ahead of schedule. No corrections are needed.
- The project is slightly behind schedule. Corrections are needed.
- The project is very much behind schedule. Immediate corrections are needed.
Question 3.3. (TCO 4) Which of the below is an example of a fixed cost to a project? (Points : 5)
- Cost of mortgage on a building needed for the project
- Cost of a day rental van needed for the project
- Cost of labor to support the project
- Cost of electricity needed to operate a machine needed for the project
Question 4.4. (TCO 7) Which of the following is an example of a formal written form of communication? (Points : 5)
- Meeting notes made at a meeting with the VP of the company
- E-mails between an important client and yourself
- Contracts with a client
- A memo from the senior VP of the company
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
Question 5.5. (TCO 8) What document provides the project manager with information concerning what department and what individual is to provide HR support to his or her project?(Points : 5)
- The WBS
- The OBS
- The RAM
- The RBS
Question 6.6. (TCO 8) You are the project manager of a large, virtual HR project. You want to improve the functioning of the project team. Which of the techniques below would not likely improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the project team? (Points : 5)
- Let team members disappear as needed from the project.
- Create a process to handle conflict.
- Hold face-to-face meetings whenever possible.
- Keep all team members informed and communicating.
Question 7.7. (TCO 9) Leadership in agile project management focuses on _____. Leadership in traditional project management focuses on _____. (Points : 5)
- collaboration; control
- command; creativity
- creativity; collaboration
- control; collaboration
Question 8.8. (TCO 6) To control your project, you decide to use milestone analysis. Which of the below is not a benefit of using milestone analysis to control a project? (Points : 5)
- Milestones prevent scope creep.
- Milestones permit reevaluation of client needs.
- Milestones allow for periodic reviews of the project.
- Milestones can motivate the project team.
(TCO 4) Compare and contrast top-down and bottom-up project estimating techniques. (Points : 20)
(TCO 6) You are comparing two projects. Using the data below, calculate the CV, SV, SPI, and CPI. Second, use the values to provide the status of each project. All values are in dollars. (Points : 20)[table id=7 /]
(TCOs 4 and 6) What is the overall process of resource leveling on a project? (Points : 20)
(TCO 8) All projects suffer from some form of conflict at one time or another. List and describe four common sources of conflict on a project and provide examples of each from either a recent project or from your personal life. (Points : 20)
(TCO 9) Agile project teams are typically co-located. Why is this so important to an agile project and what does it facilitate on an agile project? (Points : 20)