Strayer BUS 100 Quiz 1 (2)
1. A key advantage of a sole proprietorship is that _____
2. A _____ is a voluntary agreement between two or more people to jointly own a business.
3. A statutory close (or closed) corporation gives its shareholders
4. _____ are organizations, such as mutual funds, insurance companies, or pension funds, that pool contributions from a large number of investors, clients, or depositors to buy stock and other securities.
5. Types of corporations include
6. A corporation must register as a _____ in every state in which it operates other than its state of incorporation.
7. What are the three types of partnerships?
8. A _____ merger is the combination of firms in the same industry.
9. Based on data gathered from the U.S. Census Bureau, _____ are less common than _____ but they tend to be larger and more profitable than _____.
10. A(n) _____ merger is the combination of two or more firms at different stages of production of a given product or service, so the firms have a buyer-seller relationship.
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
11. A business will incur a _____ when expenses are higher than revenue.
12. The hard sell or aggressive persuasion designed to separate consumers from their cash emerged during the
14. The relationship era introduced the idea
15. The marketing era introduced
16. As a factor of production, capital would include
17. Entrepreneurs need economic freedom to thrive. Those freedoms include
18. Doing business today without harming the ability of future generations to meet their needs is referred to as
19. As a factor of production, capital would include
20. To be successful, entrepreneurs must be comfortable risking their money and _____ to start and manage a business.