Strayer BUS 508 Week 2 Assignment Diversification Strategies
A big question in business is: To Diversify or Not to Diversify? Some corporations (e.g., Amazon, 3M and General Electric) have diversified broadly over the years and have had great success. Other diversification attempts (e.g., Time Warner’s purchase of AOL) have taken companies away from their core businesses and their experiences are less successful.
Research two corporations that have had different outcomes (one successful and one unsuccessful) with their diversification strategies. Compare and contrast each corporation’s diversification strategy and evaluate the reasons for each one’s success or failure in the venture.
Name: Jennifer Lucas
Status: Online ⬤
Classes Taken: 3878
Write a 4-6 page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the two businesses—core business, their size, financials, global presence, use of e-business (marketing, sales, etc.).
- Compare and contrast their outcomes (one successful, one unsuccessful).
- Analyze the three primary reasons for the different outcomes.
- Recommend two actions the unsuccessful one could have made to make their diversification venture successful.
- Use a minimum of three (3) quality external resources from the last five (5) years to support the content of the paper. (Note: Do not use Wiki sites.)
Your assignment must:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the private enterprise systems, drivers of change on the system, ethical and social responsibilities of business, and the requirements for success in today’s business environment.
- Analyze business plans based on an analysis of domestic and global operating environments, market dynamics, and electronic and internal capabilities.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary business.
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary business using proper writing mechanics